Envite are working with a number of East Gippsland Secondary Schools to offer a School Based Traineeship for young people in Years 10 to 12.
The paid traineeship provides an opportunity to receive practical on-the-job skills and work experience whilst gaining a Certificate II in Conservation & Ecosystem Management alongside regular school studies.
How long does a traineeship go for?
As a trainee, you will work Traineeships will run for up to 10 months (40 weeks) from January-December. As a trainee, you will work for 1 day (7.6 hours) per week to deliver community and environmental projects in your local area.
What’s in it for the Trainee?
You will be enrolled and have the opportunity to gain a Certificate II in Conservation & Ecosystem Management, delivered by TAFE Gippsland. You’ll complete this certificate alongside your school studies.
In addition to your normal studies and 1-day of paid work with Envite, you will commit to:
- 7 days of structured training delivered by TAFE Gippsland, including:
- 1-day face to face in each school term 1, 2, 3 and 4 at a central location;
- 1-day in each school holiday block April, July, September.
- Weekly webinars.
- Register your interest in a school-based traineeship with your teacher.
- Complete our application form to tell us your name, age, contact details, why you want to participate in a traineeship and why we should choose you. Your teacher will assist you to submit this to Envite for consideration.
- Don’t miss out! Applications will open soon.
Our current trainees have loved every minute of the program and have said that it’s helped them discover their passion, achieve better results in school and has given them direction for where they want their careers to go. Want to start a school based traineeship?
Our School Based Traineeship Program is proudly supported by the East Gippsland Community Foundation, Victorian Government Bushfire Local Economic Recovery Program, TAFE Gippsland and Westvic Staffing Solutions.
Learn more about our traineeship: